Changing your password
Keep your account secure with a memorable password
You can change your password using any of the following techniques:
Using a PC on the LJMU computer network
- Log in as normal
- Press and hold down CTRL+ALT+DEL
- In the dialog box that appears, click on Change Password...
- Type in your old password, then enter your new one.
- Confirm your new password by typing it again in the Confirm New Password box.
- Finally, click on OK - your password will be updated.
Via the LJMU web site (off-campus)
You can use this option even if you current password has already expired.
- Click here to open the password change form - please note - this link will only work if you are off campus.
- Enter your username, your current password, and a new password.
- Confirm your new password by entering it again in the Confirm Password box.
- Click on Change Password
- After a few moments, a confirmation box will appear, stating that your password has been changed.
- To move the cursor between the boxes on these forms, use the Tab key or the mouse - do not use Enter / Return
- Your password is case sensitive. For example, TOMORROW and tomorrow are different.
- To keep your account as secure as possible, your password will automatically expire after a set time.
- Passwords must contain at least 8 characters.
- If your password is due to expire within the next 14 days, you will automatically be prompted when you log in to one of our networked PCs. If you are off-campus you will be prompted through Microsoft Outlook Web App, or the Off Campus applications service within the 14 day countdown period.
- You must make sure that your password is not one that you have used previously at LJMU. If you have already used Monday32 you would be able to use Monday33.
- ITS will NEVER ask for your password, you should never give it out and if you feel your password or account has been changed ITS advise you change it immediately using one of the methods above.
Still having problems?
If you have any difficulty with your password, please contact your local LJMU Library / computing centre. On production of a valid student / staff card your password will be reset. If you are unable to access the Library in person, you can contact Library Services for further assistance. If you need to reactivate your account yourself and choose a new password via the web at https://myaccount.ljmu.ac.uk/ - follow the links to Activate Account.